Ohio

New Matamoras

New Matamoras is a city in Ohio. So far we have accumulated 131 streets in New Matamoras and on these streets we have added 55,888 real estate properties.

New Matamoras
Federal District
Midwest
Counties
Ohio
City
New Matamoras
Latitude
39.528819
Longitude
-81.093998
Sponsored links
Sponsored links

Streets in New Matamoras

  • Matamoras is a village in Washington County, Ohio, United States, along the Ohio River. It is also commonly known as New Matamoras. The population was 896 at the 2010 census. Matamoras first settled in 1797 by James Riggs and his sons-in-law, Martin and Anthony Sheets along with their families. Riggs and his family cleared the land and built three cabins in the area. It was not known as Matamoras at that time. Many of the first settlers were Revolutionary War veterans. Matamoras, named for the Battle of Matamoros in the Mexican-American War was first platted (mapped) in 1846 by Stinson Burns and Henry Sheets. In 1861, Matamoras was incorporated and received its first post office that year. The U. S. Post Office changed the town's name to New Matamoras to avoid confusion with Metamora in Fulton County. Once a boom town for shipping, Matamoras has been supported economically by farming and oil.

Sponsored links